Terms and Conditions
Kampus Pty. Ltd.
[ACN: 168 124 767]
Terms & Conditions of Use
2. Kampus is the owner and operator of the Site.
4. Kampus reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, amend, delete, and/or replace any term of the Terms and Conditions from time to time with or without advance notice, and that any such modifications, amendments, deletions, and replacements will be effective and binding on you when posted on the Site. Kampus reserves the right to include advertising on the Site without prior notice. Kampus is not responsible in any way for the content of any advertisements on the Site.
5. Kampus reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether you have adhered to these Terms and Conditions or have otherwise not complied with the Terms and Conditions, or have acted objectionably in your use of the Site. Kampus reserves the right and may without prior notice to you delete the non-complying or objectionable material which you have published to the Site, and/or may prohibit you from using the Site by blocking, deleting or suspending your registration permanently, or until such time Kampus considers it appropriate.
6. The terms “businesses” and “individuals” refer to the umbrella reference “employers” used on the Site. An employer may be any type of registered business, company, or entity, including individual members of the public registered on the Site for the purpose of connecting with its registered student user-base to present them with any relevant opportunities, including but not limited to temporary, casual, part-time or full-time employment, paid or unpaid internships, other work related experiences, as well as any other relevant products or services of benefit to them. To achieve our mission, Kampus connects you, the employer, with students who possess industry-leading knowledge from various educational institutions and fields of study prior to their graduation, so you are able to establish working relationships early by finding the right talent for your job or project, whilst providing the student with the practical experience they need to become professionals in their chosen field of study.
7. You own the information and content you provide to Kampus under these Terms and Conditions and may request its deletion at any time. If you request that your profile be deleted or your profile is deleted by Kampus, any information, content and/or contributions you have made in any form, and have shared with other users, may not be deleted unless those users themselves with whom this information or content has been shared decide to delete it.
8. Kampus owns all intellectual property rights in relation to the Site. Kampus intellectual property rights in relation to the Site include but are not limited to copyright in software, source codes, forms, texts, logos and trademarks. You may access and display any page or part of the Site and print out any page or part of the Site for your personal use. Any other use of Kampus’ intellectual property, including but not limited to publication, transmission and reproduction, is strictly prohibited. You grant Kampus a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sublicensable, fully paid up and royalty-free right to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, process, analyse, use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, any information you provide, directly or indirectly to Kampus, including, but not limited to, any user generated content, ideas, concepts, techniques and/or data to the services you submit to Kampus, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or to any third parties.
Any information you submit to us is at your own risk of loss. By providing information to us, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to submit the information and that the information is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights. It is your responsibility to keep your Kampus profile information accurate and up to date. You must not post to the Site, material which infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party.
9. Notices may consist of an email from Kampus to an email address associated with your account. You also agree that Kampus may communicate with you through your Kampus account, or through other means including email, mobile number, telephone, or delivery services including the postal service about your Kampus account or services associated with Kampus.
10. To register and use the Site, you must provide an email address and password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your email address and password. You must notify Kampus immediately of any unauthorised use of your email address and password. You are responsible for any authorised or unauthorised actions undertaken using your email address and password. You will not share any account with anyone else. You will not copy or transfer any part of the Kampus services. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account until you close down your account or prove that your account security was compromised due to no fault of your own. Kampus may charge fees and taxes which you agree to pay. If you purchase any services that we offer for a fee, either on a one-time or a subscription basis, you agree to Kampus storing your payment information. Your obligation to pay fees continues through to the end of the subscription period during which you cancel your subscription. We do not guarantee refunds for lack of usage or dissatisfaction, or for any other reason. Any ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by other members of Kampus, and Kampus cannot guarantee that other Kampus members will not use the ideas and information that you share on Kampus. If you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential or don’t want others to use, or that is subject to third party rights that may be infringed by you sharing it, do not post it to any Kampus member or group, or elsewhere on Kampus. Kampus is not responsible for another member’s misuse or misappropriation of any content or information you post on Kampus.
11. You must not post to the Site, material which contains or is a virus, worm, Trojan horse, spyware or other contaminating or destructive code. You must not use any device, routine or software to crash, delay or otherwise damage the Site or disrupt its users. You must not create a member profile for anyone other than a natural person. You must not harass, bully, abuse, or harm another person, including sending unwelcomed communications to other users on Kampus. You must not upload a profile image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo. You must not use or attempt to use another’s account or create a false identity on Kampus. You must not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the services of Kampus, or any part thereof. You must not adapt, modify or create derivative works based on Kampus, or technology underlying the services provided by Kampus, or other members’ content, in whole or part, except as permitted in writing by Kampus. You must not utilize or copy information, content or any data you view on, or obtain from Kampus to provide any service that is competitive, in Kampus’ sole discretion, with Kampus. You must not imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Kampus unless you have entered into a written agreement with Kampus. You must not deep-link to the Site for any purpose, including creating or posting a link to a Kampus web page other than Kampus’ home page, unless expressly authorised in writing by Kampus or for the purpose of promoting your profile or a group on Kampus. You must not remove, cover, or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included on Kampus. You must not collect, use, copy or transfer any information, including, but not limited to personally identifiable information obtained from Kampus except as expressly permitted in these Terms and Conditions, or as the owner of such information may expressly permit. You must not use any material regarding, or from persons registered with the Site, to send unsolicited emails or other communications to the other person. You must not share information of non-members without their express consent. You must not infringe or use Kampus’ brand, logos or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the word “Kampus” in any business name, email, or URL, or including Kampus’ trademarks and logos except as expressly permitted in writing by Kampus. You must not use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the site. You must not use bots or other automated methods to access Kampus, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages, or perform other similar activities through Kampus, unless explicitly permitted in writing by Kampus. You must not access, via automated or manual means or processes, Kampus for purposes of monitoring Kampus’ availability, performance, or functionality for any competitive purpose. You must not engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of Kampus’ website. You must not attempt to, or actually access Kampus by any means other than through the interfaces provided by Kampus such as its web application or by navigating to http://www.kampus.com.au using a web browser. This prohibition includes accessing or attempting to access Kampus using any third-party service, including software-as-a-service platforms that aggregate access to multiple services, including Kampus. You must not attempt to, or actually override any security component included in, or underlying Kampus. You must not engage in any action that directly or indirectly interferes with the proper working of, or places an unreasonable load on Kampus’ infrastructure, including, but not limited to, sending unsolicited communications to other members or Kampus personnel, attempting to gain unauthorized access to Kampus, or transmitting and/or activating computer viruses through or on Kampus.
12. The Site may include a number of links to third party sites. You acknowledge that links to and from third party sites are provided only for your convenience and do not indicate that Kampus has any control over, or responsibility for the contents of such sites. Kampus excludes all liability for any direct or indirect damage, loss or costs of any kind arising in any way out of, or in connection with your access and/or use of third party sites.
13. Kampus does not guarantee that the services provided on the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free. The Site may from time to time be temporarily unavailable for reasons of maintenance or improvement, or because of technical issues beyond our control.
14. Kampus does not guarantee that material available on the Site or sent via email from Kampus or from employers will be free of infection, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware or other contaminating or destructive codes. You acknowledge that you are responsible for protecting your own material, software and systems.
15. Kampus will take all due care to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of material which you have posted to the Site. Kampus cannot guarantee that this material will not be unlawfully accessed or altered by a third party during transit over the Internet, or while on the Site.
16. You must not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under the Terms and Conditions. Any purported assignment and delegation shall be ineffective. We may freely assign or delegate all rights and obligations under the Terms and Conditions, fully or partially without notice to you. We may also substitute, by way of unilateral novation, effective upon notice to you, Kampus for any third party that assumes our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
17. You acknowledge that Kampus provides no guarantee that the Site will provide you with any benefits or prospects. You further acknowledge that Kampus provides no guarantee as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of material posted on the Site by any user.
18. To the extent permitted by law, Kampus excludes all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential damage, loss or costs caused by or in connection with your use of or inability to use the Site or Kampus’ breach of contract or statute, negligence or misrepresentation, including but not limited to loss of actual or anticipated salary, loss of or damage to employment prospects, loss of opportunity, loss of or damage to reputation, loss of or corruption to data and professional fees and expenses (including legal fees). You agree to indemnify Kampus, its officers, employees and agents and hold us harmless and without liability of whatever nature including but not limited to against all losses, damages, costs, professional fees and expenses (including legal fees and disbursements on a full indemnity basis), actions, claims and liability arising directly or indirectly and related to all third party claims, charges and investigations from or in relation to your use or misuse of the Site or failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to, your submission of content that violates third party rights or applicable laws and any content you submit to the services of the Site and any activity in which you engage on or through Kampus.
19. You can deactivate your profile at any time by clicking onto the ‘delete’ profile button in the settings of Kampus. You may be able to reactivate your profile following your profile being deactivated for a period of time as determined by Kampus in its absolute discretion, or in the event your profile is unable to be reactivated, you will have to create a new profile to use the Kampus site.
Material which you have posted to the Site will be removed within 14 days of this notification, or any other time as determined by Kampus in its absolute discretion. Other persons such as employers may have material which you have posted to the Site on file and may contact you regarding employment opportunities after you have terminated your use of the Site.
20. The termination of your use of the Site will not terminate your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
21. A failure or delay by Kampus in exercising a right under these Terms and Conditions does not result in a waiver of that right. A waiver of any right under these Terms and Conditions must be made in writing. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to maintain accurate contact or other information, including but not limited to, your failure to receive critical information about the services.
22. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable that part shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions will continue to be valid and enforceable.
23. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of South Australia and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Australia and any courts which may hear appeals from these courts in respect of proceedings regarding these Terms and Conditions.
24. All details held within your Kampus profile, excluding diversity data, will be made available for a user, such as an employer or prospective employer, including the ability for that user to transfer that data to their systems for use in relation to employment opportunities.
25. By utilising ancillary services provided via http://www.kampus.com.au you are agreeing that all data created as part of the use of those ancillary services is considered material posted by you to the site.
26. You agree that the Terms and Conditions constitutes the entire, complete and exclusive agreement between you and Kampus regarding the services provided by Kampus and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, or whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent, with respect to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions. You also may be subject to additional Terms and Conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other Kampus services, third-party content or third party software.
29. Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
30. Sensitive information is a special category of personal information which includes information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record and health.
31. When registering to use the Site you will be required to provide us with your contact details, including a contact telephone number, and any uniform resource locators (URL’s) to other online profiles, which you are currently using, such as Facebook, LinkedIN, or Twitter, as well as information regarding your education, work experience, memberships and affiliations, and other employment related material.
32. Kampus collects and stores this personal information from you in order to provide you with a superior online experience and uses it to help you manage and leverage your experience with Kampus. We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner. We may also use this information to enhance your Kampus experience by helping you grow your network by: identifying your contacts already on Kampus; providing a template to send invitations to your contacts who have not registered with Kampus; and suggesting people you may know but who may not be in your Kampus contacts.
34. Kampus may disclose your personal information to third parties such as employers or tertiary institutions who have registered to use the Site and to independent contractors performing services on the Site.
35. Kampus may disclose your personal information to parties outside Australia (e.g. an overseas office of an employer).
36. Kampus will collect and disclose aggregate information and statistics about job-seekers to tertiary institutions, potential advertisers and job-seekers and employers who are considering registering to use the Site. We will not disclose your name or other identifying information to these parties in these circumstances.
38. You may access and update/correct your personal information at any time by logging onto the Site with your email address and password. If you are unable to correct your personal information, upon receiving a request in writing, we shall take reasonable steps to correct the information, having regard to the purpose for which it is held.
Kampus will take all reasonable steps to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of personal information on the Site. Personal information is stored on secure servers which are protected in controlled facilities. Our employees and contractors are obligated to keep any personal information confidential. However, we can provide no guarantee that your personal information will not be unlawfully accessed and/or altered by a third party during transit over the Internet or whilst on the Site.
39. Kampus is not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites which are linked to the Site.
40. Kampus’ web servers record your Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the web, your computer operating system details, your type of web browser, your mobile device (including your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system), your mobile operating system (if you are accessing Kampus using a mobile device), and the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or your mobile carrier for identification purposes, and to generate statistics regarding your use of the Site, and to assist us with resolving issues regarding the Site. We may also receive location data passed to us from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have set up, which we use to show you local information on our mobile applications.